Skip to Content

Jenny Lind Creek

UNPATROLLED BEACH
Beach Number:
qld1460
State/Region:
QLD Eurimbula
Post Code:
4677
Length:
0.11km
General Beach Hazard Rating:
3/10 (Moderately hazardous)

Nearby Beaches:
bustard head (north 1)  (1.1km) bustard head (north 2)  (1.2km) clews point (south)  (1.5km) clews point (south 3)  (2km) clews point (south 2)  (2.2km)

Beach

The southern side of Bustard Head looks south along 20 km of sandy beaches, broken by four inlets. Hard against the head and facing into the tidal shoals of the first inlet, Jenny Lind Creek, is beach 1460. The beach is just 100 m long, containing a strip of high tide sand at the base of cleared, 20 m high bluffs. It faces south-east across the dynamic inlet channel and shoals that extend up to 300 m off the beach.Jenny Lind Creek is named after the schooner “Jenny Lind” that was wrecked at the creek mouth in 1857, while attempting to find safety from a storm.

Swimming

These are four relatively isolated, little used beaches, which toward the north are rip-dominated and exposed to occasional higher waves. In addition there are deep channels and strong currents in the four creeks and inlets. Use caution if swimming, particularly if waves are breaking, toward low tide and in the creeks.

Surfing

Best beach breaks are along the more exposed northern beaches and over the tidal inlet shoals.

Fishing

Excellent fishing from the beach into the rip holes, and in the tidal creeks and inlets.

General

Bustard Bay's sandy shoreline remains much as it was when Cook sailed by and named the bay in 1770.

Location

Information Symbols

    Regulation Symbols

      SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

       

      PATROL INFORMATION

      There is no beach service this week.

      Hazards

      • Irukandji Irukandji
      • Bluebottles Bluebottles
      • Chironex Chironex
      • High Tide Range High Tide Range

      Service Providers

        SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

        WEATHER

        Sat, 13 Feb 09:00 am

        TOWN OF 1770 (12 km)


        Mostly sunny.
        26.60 °C
        SSE/39 km/h
        Wind

        Weather information
        SunMonTueWedThuFri
        33° 22° 33° 22° 33° 23° 32° 24° 31° 24° 31° 23°

        WATER

        27

        Issued at Sat, 13 Feb 14:04

        SWELL FORECAST

        Sunday
        Monday
        Tuesday
        Wednesday
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • S
          24 km/h
          1.1m
        • E
          24 km/h
          1.1m
        • SW
          14 km/h
          0.8m
        • SSE
          18 km/h
          0.8m
        • S
          17 km/h
          1.2m
        • ESE
          20 km/h
          1.1m
        • SSE
          15 km/h
          0.6m
        • E
          19 km/h
          0.8m

        Eurimbula issued at Sat, 13 Feb 22:28

        more
        Today's Swell Description
        Wind:
        South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore early in the morning.
        Swell:
        Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning, then tending east to southeasterly 1 to 2 metres by early evening.
        Seas:
        1.5 to 2.5 metres.
        Weather:
        Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.

        UV INDEX

        14



        more

        TODAY'S TIDE

        • High
          01:16
          3.81m
        • Low
          07:18
          1.32m
        • High
          13:37
          3.62m
        • Low
          19:57
          1.20m

        more

        Gladstone issued at Sun, 14 Feb 00:00

        WARNINGS

        TODAY'S RADAR

        There are currently no events for this beach.
        Create Event

        What's On

        Create Event
        Back to top