Skip to Content

Allports Beach

UNPATROLLED BEACH
Beach Number:
tasF076
Includes Beaches:
settlement point (n 4) port davies cave beach cave beach (e 1) cave beach (e 2) allports (w) old jetty beach emita castle rock point (s 3)
State/Region:
TAS Emita
Post Code:
7255
Length:
0.15km
General Beach Hazard Rating:
3/10 (Least hazardous)

Nearby Beaches:
allports (w)  (0.2km) old jetty beach  (0.4km) cave beach (e 2)  (0.4km) emita  (0.6km) cave beach (e 1)  (0.6km)

Beach

Allports Beach (FI 76) is a 150 m long slightly curving, north-facing relatively steep reflective beach (Fig. 4.304). It is bordered by dune-capped granite points, with some boulders outcropping along the eastern end of the beach, and seagrass meadows growing 100 m offshore. The Allports Road runs down the backing slopes to a small reserve with a car park, picnic area and toilets at the eastern end of the beach. This is the main Emita swimming beach.

Location

Information Symbols

  • Formal parking area Formal parking area
  • Toilets Toilets

Regulation Symbols

    SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

    Last updated: 28/08/2013 12:05:21

     

    PATROL INFORMATION

    There is no beach service this week.

    Hazards

      Service Providers

        SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

        WEATHER

        Wed, 04 May 11:00 pm

        FLINDERS IS (9 km)


        Windy. Partly cloudy.
        15.40 °C
        NW/33 km/h
        Wind

        Weather information
        WedThuFriSatSunMon
        16° 11° 20° 13° 20° 14° 22° 13° 22° 15° 19° 13°

        WATER

        18

        Issued at Wed, 04 May 14:05

        SWELL FORECAST

        Wednesday
        Thursday
        Friday
        Saturday
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • AM
        • PM
        • W
          41 km/h
          3.2m
        • WNW
          32 km/h
          2.2m
        • NW
          42 km/h
          2.4m
        • NNW
          38 km/h
          2m
        • NW
          39 km/h
          2.3m
        • W
          32 km/h
          1.7m
        • NE
          18 km/h
          0.7m
        • NNE
          25 km/h
          0.7m

        Emita issued at Tue, 03 May 22:20

        more
        Today's Swell Description
        Wind:
        Westerly 25 to 30 knots decreasing to 20 to 25 knots in the morning then tending northwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the evening.
        Swell:
        Southerly 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
        Seas:
        2 to 3 metres.
        Weather:
        Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.

        UV INDEX

        2



        more

        TODAY'S TIDE

        • low
          02:10
          0.82m
        • high
          08:04
          3.29m
        • low
          14:34
          0.74m
        • high
          20:35
          3.37m

        more

        Low Head issued at Wed, 04 May 23:40

        WARNINGS

        TODAY'S RADAR

        There are currently no events for this beach.
        Create Event

        What's On

        Create Event
        Back to top