Skip to Content

Hillarys Beach

Beach UNPATROLLED UNPATROLLED TODAY
Beach Number:
wa0862
State/Region:
WA Hillarys
Post Code:
6025
Length:
1.9km
General Beach Hazard Rating:
4/10 (Moderately hazardous)

Nearby Beaches:
hillarys boat harbour (n)  (0.7km) hillarys boat harbour (s)  (0.8km) sorrento beach (n)  (1.1km) sorrento beach  (1.4km) marmion beach  (1.8km)

Beach

Hillarys Beach (WA 862) extends for 1.9 km from the northern training wall of Hillarys Boat Harbour to the western tip of Mullaloo (Pinaroo) Point. Seagrass meadows and shallow reef commence 50-100 m off the beach. The beach is also sheltered by the boat harbour, which extends 600 m to the west and the offshore reefs, with waves averaging less than 1 m and reflective beach conditions usually prevailing. The beach is backed by a 5-10 m high foredune, then Hillarys Beach Park, which contains three car parks and a range of recreational and picnic facilities.

Location

Information Symbols

  • Other facilities Other facilities
  • Unspecified Unspecified

Regulation Symbols

    Shark Alert Number

    For shark sightings call Water Police on 9442 8600

    Supported by

    SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

    Last updated: 28/08/2013 12:04:55

     

    PATROL INFORMATION

    There is no beach service this week.

    STATISTICS

    July 2016 - June 2017

    Rescues:
    0
    First Aids:
    0
    Preventative Actions:
    0

    The following organisations contribute to the above totals: Hillarys Boat Harbour (Lifeguards)

    Hazards

      Service Providers

      SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

      WEATHER

      Mon, 29 Aug 02:00 am

      HILLARYS BOAT H (1 km)


      Partly cloudy.
      13.30 °C
      S/7 km/h
      Wind

      Weather information
      MonTueWedThuFriSat
      17° 18° 17° 18° 19° 19°

      WATER

      17

      Issued at Sun, 28 Aug 12:02

      SWELL FORECAST

      Monday
      Tuesday
      Wednesday
      Thursday
      • AM
      • PM
      • AM
      • PM
      • AM
      • PM
      • AM
      • PM
      • SSE
        19 km/h
        1.3m
      • S
        16 km/h
        0.9m
      • ENE
        11 km/h
        0.9m
      • SW
        13 km/h
        1.3m
      • WSW
        21 km/h
        2.2m
      • S
        29 km/h
        2.5m
      • SSE
        15 km/h
        1.7m
      • S
        16 km/h
        1.8m

      Hillarys issued at Sun, 28 Aug 20:50

      more
      Today's Swell Description
      Wind:
      Southerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore early in the morning. Decreasing to about 10 knots in the late evening.
      Swell:
      Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
      Seas:
      1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
      Weather:
      Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.

      UV INDEX

      TODAY'S TIDE

      • high
        07:26
        0.94m
      • low
        16:23
        0.45m

      more

      Hillarys issued at Mon, 29 Aug 04:52

      WARNINGS

      TODAY'S RADAR

      There are currently no events for this beach.
      Create Event

      What's On

      Create Event
      Back to top