Jenny Lind Creek - Beach in Eurimbula Gladstone QLD - SLS Beachsafe

Jenny Lind Creek QLD

The southern side of Bustard Head looks south along 20 km of sandy beaches, broken by four inlets. Hard against the head and facing into the tidal shoals of the first inlet, Jenny Lind Creek, is beach 1460. The beach is just 100 m long, containing a strip of high... Read more

The southern side of Bustard Head looks south along 20 km of sandy beaches, broken by four inlets. Hard against the head and facing into the tidal shoals of the first inlet, Jenny Lind Creek, is beach 1460. The beach is just 100 m long, containing a strip of high tide sand at the base of cleared, 20 m high bluffs. It faces south-east across the dynamic inlet channel and shoals that extend up to 300 m off the beach.Jenny Lind Creek is named after the schooner “Jenny Lind” that was wrecked at the creek mouth in 1857, while attempting to find safety from a storm.

Swimming

These are four relatively isolated, little used beaches, which toward the north are rip-dominated and exposed to occasional higher waves. In addition there are deep channels and strong currents in the four creeks and inlets. Use caution if swimming, particularly if waves are breaking, toward low tide and in the creeks.

Surfing

Best beach breaks are along the more exposed northern beaches and over the tidal inlet shoals.

Fishing

Excellent fishing from the beach into the rip holes, and in the tidal creeks and inlets.

General

Bustard Bay's sandy shoreline remains much as it was when Cook sailed by and named the bay in 1770.

Read less

Unpatrolled Unpatrolled Change Day

There are currently no services provided by Surf Life Saving Australia for this beach. Please take the time to browse the Surf Safety section of this website to learn more about staying safe when swimming at Australian beaches. Click here to visit general surf education information.

Information

About

Eurimbula, QLD 4677

Length:
0.11km

General Beach Hazard Rating:
3/10 (Least hazardous)

Beach Key:
 qld1460

Nearby beaches

Hazards

  • Irukandji
    Irukandji
  • Bluebottles
    Bluebottles
  • Chironex
    Chironex
  • High Tide Range
    High Tide Range

Weather

Thursday 27, Apr 9:05 pm

Day 27°    Night 19°
20.7°C
Mostly clear

Water Temperature  25°C


Swell


Wind


Wind: North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots shifting south to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots early in the morning.
Swell: Easterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Seas: Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore in the early morning.

Tide

8 am
2.77m
2 am
0.22m
9 pm
3.16m
3 pm
0.11m

UV

Index: 8 (Very High)

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 2:50 pm


Radar

128 km

radar helper

Weather

Friday 28, Apr

Day 25°    Night 12°
Sunny

Swell


Wind


Wind: Southerly 15 to 25 knots turning southeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the early afternoon.
Swell: Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon. 2nd
Seas: 1 to 2 metres. 1st
Weather: Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower offshore south of Agnes Water in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.

Tide

9 am
2.62m
3 am
0.28m
10 pm
3.12m
3 pm
0.22m

UV

Index: 8 (Very High)

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 2:50 pm


Weather

Thu 27, Apr to Thu 04, May


Swell


Wind


Wind: Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
Swell: Southerly 1 to 2 metres offshore southern waters, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the evening. 2nd
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore north of Agnes Water. 1st
Weather: Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower.

Tide


UV

Thu 27th 8 (Very High) Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Fri 28th 8 (Very High) Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 2:50 pm
Sat 29th 8 (Very High) Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 2:50 pm
Sun 30th 8 (Very High) Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 2:50 pm

SLSA provides this information as a guide only. Surf conditions are variable and therefore this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf. SLSA reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches. SLSA takes all care and responsibility for any translation but it cannot guarantee that all translations will be accurate.

;